SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY CLAIM TIMELINE
Get Help from a Richmond SSD Lawyer
Many people who are considering filing for social security disability benefits like to do their research ahead of time and learn about the claims process, including how long it can take for each step. This way, they can plan for how long it may take in order for them to receive their benefits.
It is strongly advised that you seek the counsel of a Richmond social security disability attorney when filing for benefits. The professional team at Harbison & Kavanagh have more than 40 years of combined legal practice experience assisting Virginia residents with the social security disability process and workers’ compensation claims. If you have been injured and need financial assistance, trust our team to help you obtain the relief you need to help you with your condition.
Get a free initial consultation by calling Harbison & Kavanagh at (804) 888-8000.
We Stand With You, Start to Finish
The claims process can seem agonizingly long, especially when you have a great need for your social security benefits to help pay for things such as medications, medical care, and more. Whatever your needs are, our attorneys can make sure your application has the best possible chance of proceeding to the next step without issue.
- The social security disability claims process is as follows:
- Fill out an initial application, have it checked over for accuracy, and submit it along with as much supporting evidence as possible.
- If your claim is denied, request reconsideration within 60 days, where your case will be reviewed by a different social security worker.
- If your claim is denied again, request a hearing with an administrative law judge, and be sure to retain your attorney’s services for this important proceeding. You will receive your decision in around 2-3 months.
- If your claim is denied for a third time, you have 60 days to request to have the Appeals Council review your case. This decision can take anywhere from three months to two years to get to you, and can be either a final denial, a decision to have the case re-reviewed by a judge, or a full claim approval.
If you need assistance with a social security claim, contact Harbison & Kavanagh now!