Do I Have a Social Security Disability Claim?
Learn if You Qualify with Help from Our Richmond Attorneys
Many injured employees do not realize that there are criteria that you must meet to qualify for benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA), or through Supplemental Security Income (SSI). At Harbison & Kavanagh, our Richmond lawyers have handled thousands of cases for clients throughout Virginia.
From the beginning of your case through the appeals process, if necessary, we are committed to helping you create a solid case to get you the compensation you need in a timely and efficient manner, no matter how complicated your case or how serious your injuries.
We proudly serve the residents of Richmond, Petersburg, Charlottesville,
Williamsburg, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and the surrounding areas.
What Types of Injuries Are Covered?
Most accidental workplace injuries, can be eligible for Social Security and workers’ compensation. Injuries or illness unrelated to your employment can qualify you for Social Security Disability benefits.
- Work-related injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Injuries from negligent safety precautions, such as sprained joints or broken bones
- Injuries that occur on an employer’s premises, even if they happened during breaks
- Mental distress, such as anxiety or depression resulting from physical injury and pain
- Preexisting conditions that worsened because of your accident
Can I File a Claim?
Over the years that you have been employed, you have paid into the Social Security system. Benefits are therefore available to you, if you qualify. In addition, most employers are required to maintain workers’ compensation insurance to protect employees in the case of a serious accident or injury. SSI is also available for those with limited income who are disabled.
Our Richmond Social Security disability attorneys are well-versed in the laws and have over 40 years of experience helping injured workers. Even if you have been denied in the past, it is always in your best interest to have a legal advocate on your side.
- The lawyers at Harbison & Kavanagh have the skills to help you. We are:
- Passionate: As a local law firm, we were established with the primary goal of offering personal, caring attention for injured workers in our community.
- Focused: We are one of the very few law firms to exclusively handle workers’ compensation claims and Social Security Disability (SSD) matters.
- Dependable: We are highly responsive and always keep open lines of communication with you. In fact, we’re available 24/7 to help you.
Do not hesitate to call (804) 888-8000 to schedule a free initial consultation. Let us help you determine if you have a claim.